Big thanks to Lisa at The Most Happy for nominating me for a Liebster award! She has an excellent blog, so I’m very happy and humbled that she chose mine to share. It’s my first blogging award, so now I feel like an official blogger! In order to accept the award I must share 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions from Lisa, and nominate 5–11 others. Sounds like fun!
1. I am a twin! I have a twin sister, but no, we aren’t identical. And I’m a minute older than her.
2. I played ice hockey in high school, and still play recreationally every week. I really love the sport, but people are always surprised that I play it because I’m very reserved.
3. I love the smell of wood (trees, sawdust, saunas, anything). I have been known to go to Home Depot simply because I love the way it smells.
4. I have known my best friend since kindergarten. We sat together at snack time, and the rest was history.
5. If I could be any animal, I would be a cat (shocker, right?). I’m already convinced I was meant to be a cat since all I want to do is sleep in the sunshine and cuddle all day.
6. Even though I have always been a book nerd and studied English, my favorite subject in high school was Physics. It’s totally awesome to understand how daily phenomena work and I think it’s a subject everyone should learn.
7. I really love giraffes. I just think they are so awkwardly cute. I got to feed one at the zoo last summer and it was the best day of my life.
8. I want to live all over the world, but I also don’t want to leave home. I really want to experience living in London and New York in particular, but at the same time I’m so comfortable where all of my friends and family are.
9. My mom is German and my dad is Greek. This means that half of my body tans and the other half burns. But I’m going to Greece for the first time this summer, and I’m super excited!
10. I keep every card I’ve ever gotten. Whether it’s a valentine from second grade, or a birthday card from three years ago, I still have it.
Questions from Lisa:
1. What did you want to be when you were a child?
When I was little I wanted to be either an artist or a gymnast. The gymnast thing never quite worked out, but I still have dreams of becoming an artist 🙂
2. Which historical figure would you have lunch with and why?
I’m not sure if she’s technically a historical figure yet, but I would love to chat with Michelle Obama. She seems like a wonderful person and she probably has some great stories.
3. What item could you never live without?
My pillow. I know it’s kind of silly and I could technically live without it, but it’s my constant comfort.
4. What color is your favorite pair of shoes?
Gray. They are a cute pair of Oxford shoes.
5. What do you see in your blog’s future?
I hope I find the time to write more book reviews and maybe start getting ARCs to review!
6. What book could you read over and over?
Any of the Harry Potter books, of course!
7. What’s your favorite season and why?
I can never choose! I love summer for the sunshine, fall for the colors (and my birthday!), winter for the sparkly snow, and spring for that first breath of warm air.
8. Righty or lefty?
9. Favorite place you’ve visited?
London. Everyone was so nice and welcoming.
10. Coffee or tea?
Coffee, although I don’t mind some kinds of tea.
11. Rain or snow?
Snow, for sure!
Thanks again to Lisa for nominating me! I’ll be back tomorrow with my nominations and questions for them…